The Peterborough School Nursing Service works with schools across Peterborough to support children’s health. The services they provide include:
- Yearly Flu vaccinations (administered in the Autumn term)
- Height and Weight checks for children in Reception and Year 6
- Hearing tests – these are administered in Reception, should you have further concerns about your child’s hearing, please visit your GP before requesting a hearing test through the school nurse.
- Vision tests – these are administered in Reception, should you have further concerns about your child’s vision, please visit your GP or an optician.
- The school nurse also provides regular drop-in sessions where parents are welcome to come and discuss any concerns they have regarding their child’s physical or emotional health.
For further information, please visit the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust website.