We are looking for an outstanding Deputy Headteacher to join Longthorpe Primary School for September 2023 or earlier on a full-time, permanent basis. (Leadership scale L11-15)
Our school, situated to the west of Peterborough, is currently at an exciting phase of our journey with a new headteacher having recently moved over to Longthorpe from Thorpe Primary School following a very successful Ofsted inspection. Our mission is to create a strong school which provides our children with the knowledge and skills they need to prepare them for the next phase of their education and beyond.
We work in close partnership with three local primary schools and one secondary as part of the Peterborough Keys Academies Trust where we operate as siblings rather than identical twins.
We can offer you:
- a family ethos;
- happy sociable children with a desire to learn,
- friendly and welcoming staff who between them have a wealth of experience and expertise;
- a commitment to your professional development;
- the opportunity to work with an experienced headteacher to take the school into the next phase of its journey;
- ‘Perkbox’ membership giving you access to over 270 exclusive discounts and freebies and providing personalised support through an Employee Assistance Programme;
- Free access to a local gym and swimming pool for up to 4 sessions a week.
We are looking for an excellent Deputy Headteacher who:
- demonstrates integrity and emotional intelligence alongside high expectations of themselves and others;
- enthuses and inspires staff and children to be the best they can be;
- is a leader with a track record of having a positive impact on the curriculum and outcomes;
- reflects and seeks learning opportunities;
- wants to be part of the Longthorpe family.
If you are excited by what we can offer and feel that you have something to offer us, we would love to hear from you and strongly recommend a visit to our school. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01733 265959 (term time only) and we can provide further information about the job and/or arrange an appointment to visit.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application form here and provide a covering statement (no more than 2 pages) outlining the skills and attributes that would make you a good candidate for the job.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 25th April 2023.
The Board of Trustees of Peterborough Keys Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be employed subject to satisfactory references, acceptable health and DBS safeguarding checks.