Skip to content ↓

Frequently Asked Questions

how do i change the details you hold for my child?

If you wish to check the information held regarding your child (e.g emergency contacts, medical details etc), you can contact the school office. If you wish to make a quick change (e.g change your address as you have moved, add/change an emergency contact), you can do so by completing our change of details form, found here: Change of Details Form

What should I do if my child is absent?

We aim for children to exceed 96% attendance.  If your child is unwell please contact the school as soon as possible (there is a dedicated message box – choose option 1). When leaving messages, please ensure you give details of your child’s symptoms. We ask that parents and carers contact the school each day that their child is sick.  Where we have no message, or where a message simply states that a child is ‘ill’ or ‘sick’, you will receive a telephone call from the school.

Please see the following link for guidance on when a child may be too unwell for school:

In order to prevent unnecessary absence where children are well enough to be in school, any child who has a single instance of vomiting without presenting any other symptoms may return to school once 24 hours have passed since this instance.

Should children vomit more than once, have diarrhoea or present with any other symptoms in the 24 hours following the vomiting instance, they must still remain away from school for 48 hours since the last instance of vomiting/diarrhoea to prevent the spread of any illness.  

What happens if I want to take a holiday?

We do not authorise holiday requests during term time.  Leave of absence will only be granted where proper procedures are followed and the Headteacher’s permission given.  Please ask the school office if you require further information.

What jewellery can my child wear?

Children should not wear jewellery in school, although plain studs are permissible for those with pierced ears.  Your child must remove ear-studs prior to swimming and PE lessons.  Watches are allowed.

Extra-Curricular Clubs

Children are able to join extra-curricular activities, some of which are held during the lunch break and others after school.  Clubs available vary each term.  Letters are sent home at the beginning of term and places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.


Children with a physical disability are fully supported in accessing all parts of the school.

Emergency arrangements

In the event of adverse weather conditions, we would like to remind all parents that up-to-date information can be found on the school website and Twitter. Parents are also advised to check the Peterborough School Closures page on the Peterborough City Council website.

Medicine in School

In line with our policy, we are able to administer prescribed medicines in school.  Parents / Carers MUST complete a consent form available from the school office.  It is the child’s responsibility to come to the office at agreed times for medication.

Children carry their own inhaler with them at all times in a bumbag provided by the school.  It is the responsibility of the child and parent to ensure the inhaler is replaced when necessary.

How do I make a Complaint?

We strongly encourage anyone with a concern or a complaint to contact the school and ask to speak to a member of the senior leadership team so that we can try and reach resolution prior to submitting a formal complaint.

However, if you still feel that you have not bee heard please read our Complaints Policy is available on our Policies Page.