I have a concern
The Governors of Longthorpe Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For further information please read our Safeguarding & Child Protection Statement.
Our Designated Safeguarding LEad/Deputies
Our school safeguarding leads are here to support you and your child should you need it. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have a safeguarding concern about your child or another child.
- Kate Trethewy (Safeguarding Deputy | Headteacher)
- Sherry Green (Safeguarding Deputy | Class Teacher)
- Caroline Beeby (Safeguarding Lead | Assistant Head)
- Gurdeep Suali (Safeguarding Governor)
To speak with a Safeguarding officer regarding a concern please contact the school office on 01733 265959. If you think a child is in immediate risk of harm please call 999 police.
Safeguarding concerns must be shared without delay with a designated safeguarding member of staff. If a designated person is not available, in an emergency or if you are not happy with the schools action advice from the police or Children’s Social Care must be sought.
- If you have suspicions or concerns for a child’s welfare you should always report this to the appropriate service such as the Police or Children’s social care.
- If you feel uncomfortable in doing so, please remember that children have a right to be safe.
- Usually gut feelings are correct and if they are unfounded, it doesn't matter.
- Reporting concerns can cause people anxiety but please remember we are doing the right thing to protect our children and get support if they need it.
Peterborough key Contacts
|Key contacts||Telephone contact|
|Children’s Social Care Contact Centre||(01733) 864170 / 864180|
|Children’s Social Care out of hours emergencies||(01733) 234724|
|Police||(01480) 456111 or 101|
|Early helpline||(01733) 863649|
|Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)||(01733) 864038|
|Local Authority Prevent Officer||(01733) 452685|
For further information regarding Safeguarding please refer to the School's Safeguarding policy which can be found on our policy page.