The Governors of Longthorpe Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safeguarding concerns must be shared without delay with a designated safeguarding member of staff. If a designated person is not available, in an emergency or if you are not happy with the schools action advice from the police or Children’s Social Care must be sought.
Our Designated Safeguarding Officers
- Ryan McLay (Headteacher)
- Sam Harris (Deputy Head)
- Sherry Green (Senior Leader)
- Caroline Beeby (Teacher)
- Lucinda Robinson (Safeguarding Governor)
To speak with a Safeguarding officer regarding a concern please contact the school office on 01733 265959. During school closure periods safeguarding officers can be contacted by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peterborough Key Contacts
|Key contacts||Telephone contact|
|Children’s Social Care Contact Centre||(01733) 864170 / 864180|
|Children’s Social Care out of hours emergencies||(01733) 234724|
|Police||(01480) 456111 or 101|
|Early helpline||(01733) 863649|
|LA Designated Officer (LADO)||(01733) 864038|
|LA Prevent Officer||(01733) 452685|
Keeping your child safe Online
There is a lot of support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and careers from the NSPCC)
For further information regarding Safeguarding please refer to the School's Safeguarding policy which can be found on our policy page.